View Single Post
Old June 29 2013, 09:03 PM   #277
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Re: Kirk's Television Enterprise Deck Plans WIP

throwback wrote: View Post
For myself, I don't understand some of the door signs. What is Computer Statistics? I was reading through some of the thread, and someone mentioned "Personnel Records" appearing in "The Mark of Gideon". It actually appeared earlier, in "Is There In Truth No Beauty?
Like those you mentioned there are a couple of door signs that repeatedly show up in all kinds of different places. Where these were readable I feature them in the draft. "Popular" ones are "Computer Statistics", "Electrographic Analysis" and "Personnel Records" (another one of these featured in "The Naked Time" coming up on Deck 7...).

This room, Personnel Records, was located on the same deck as Dr. Miranda Jones and the Medusan ambassador's quarters. Located near the turbolift, there was a room that was used for "Micro-Film Reference".
I must have missed this one. And it's actually discernible as "Micro-Film Reference"?

What is the significance for having differently numbered turbolifts? I have seen signs for Turbolift 2 and Turbolift 7. (In its first year, TNG did a similar practice, before dropping it permanently starting with the second season.)
I'd like to know that myself. First I thought it could mean "2" or up to "7" stops within the turbo shaft, but I have not examined it further whether this theory could hold water or not. In "Charlie X" near the galley we once had a "turbo lift 3" but I think it was the first and last appearance.

Bob
Robert Comsol is online now   Reply With Quote