View Single Post
Old June 29 2013, 03:24 PM   #3
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Re: ABC's Happy Endings cancelled

I watched it this past season, but I could never fully get into it. Somehow, sit-coms now mostly focus on horrible people, doing horrible things and experiencing no growth. Case in point, the episode where they make-over Max was Simpson-esque in it's ability to reset back to the way things are. Yes, I get the humor came from Max being Max, but I like to see some growth.

Which is partly why I was upset that NBC cancelled Go On. I know it didn't have a lot of fans here, but it was about people who were, at their core, decent, and trying to get better.

I also really like Parks and Recreation, since, again, they are decent characters. Even Ron has a heart of gold, underneath his exterior.

I am sad that it was cancelled, as I said, I watched it and did enjoy some parts. It was mostly a show I had on when there was nothing else on though.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote