View Single Post
Old June 29 2013, 01:21 PM   #80
Jono
Rear Admiral

Re: Rugby Union 2013 Thread

Wow, can't believe we won that. Thought when Halfpenny was lining up on halfway we'd lost it, I was so sure given his quality and my house went nuts when it fell short. I sometimes wonder if supporting the Wallabies is shortening my lifespan because they give my heart a work out far too often.

After so much it was a nice simple move with powerful straight running by AAC that got us over the line. Leal also kicked fantastically and glad to see that history didn't repeat and we didn't win it because of kicking.

The Wallabies went wide too early often and the Lions weren't ofter troubled by that and too many ineffective inside balls. The Wallabies were guilt of not putting in enough into the tackle and Warbuton was massive in taking advantage of that. A lot of drop ball as well, but they still had the majority of possession. That needs to tighten up because with around 65% of possession they shouldn't be chasing the game.

No injuries thankfully and hope that continues through the week, though I think Horwill might be gone with the IRB appealing its decision that he was not guilty. You think given they have done that he'll be out next week. It will be interesting to see whether Deans puts Smith in. Hooper was completely outplayed by Warbs over the ball and I don't remember him effecting one turnover, though his defence and running was solid.

Warbs was the only injury and it looks like he might miss, so we're looking at both captains missing the decider, which isn't what you want. Questions about Warbs before would be silenced because Warbs has been a giant in these two tests so he's a loss even if he wasn't the captain.

I'd love for the Wallabies to smash the Lions next week so my heart can have a rest, but no chance of that happening. There is absolutely nothing in this series.

Last edited by Jono; June 29 2013 at 01:51 PM.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote