View Single Post
Old June 29 2013, 12:49 PM   #329
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

Malaika wrote: View Post
Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post
Without getting into it, I'll just say I wish I shared your optimism. Truly.
that's not really optimism per se, I think we just see things differently and have a different opinion (just like we have a different opinion about S/U in into darkness where I like how they're developed and don't have any particular issue with the writing when it comes to them ; ) )
I guess I'm less critical, I'm used to read both the comics and the novels so I know what to expect from both kind of devices.

I just won't obsess over things that haven't happened.
Well, I don't read comics or the novels, and perhaps that's part of the problem. Most of the people that I've talked to that have been able to explain everything thing in detail, such as yourself, have read those things and I've even been referred to them by some of those people after I've pointed out what didn't make sense to me in the film. So, yeah, I disagree when someone tells me that they did a great job with the film, but see this comic or that novel to understand this scene better, lol.

I've only watched the 2 films, and that's it. I guess I just don't consume every little bit of S/U that is possibly out there to get the "full experience."

In my opinion, the 2 films should be able to do that on their own, and I don't have on rose colored shipper glasses when it comes to STID enough to believe that it did it's part in that regard. I don't have a problem with other people liking it, or thinking that it did, but I just can't agree.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote