View Single Post
Old June 29 2013, 03:54 AM   #8
Tulin
Vice Admiral

Re: Watching TOS Again From The Beginning

BillJ wrote: View Post
I don't understand why most of these threads need to take digs at the Abrams-verse?
I didn't know this was a "thing".

I am sorry if this trend bothers you but I can only state part of the reason why *I* am doing it and that involves re-connecting with the original crew, of whom I was OBSESSED when I was younger.

I was born in 1970 and thus for the first seventeen years of my life, they were ALL I had when it came to ST. I awaited each of the original films like a dehydrated man in the desert awaits a cup of water.

I HUGELY enjoyed the ST reboot film in '09 and can remember like it was yesterday leaning over to my partner at one point during the film saying, "This is REALLY entertaining!" The newest film, however, is a mess. There are posters here with whom I have had regular private conversations regarding my EXTREME desire to not have Khan as the villain(eighteen months before the film came out). I also do not like that we have gone to great pains to create a new ST universe but now just want to re-tread old ground. For something like ST that should be creating a new mythos it seems lazy and redundant to just bring back watered down versions of old bad guys.

Whatever.

And again, I am sorry if lots of other people are bashing it - I was unaware of that and can and WILL ONLY speak for MYSELF. I take no responsibility for what other people post in their viewing threads and will not stifle myself if even one hundred others have said the same things. The bad taste left in my mouth from STID was only PART OF THE REASON I wanted to re-watch TOS. I also will not apologize for the affect STID had on me.

In the meantime I will continue to enjoy a show that I revered and loved as a child and teenager.
Tulin is offline   Reply With Quote