View Single Post
Old June 29 2013, 02:34 AM   #87
Wally
Lieutenant Commander

Re: ENT: A Choice of Futures by C. L. Bennett Review Thread (Spoilers!

Very pleased. Easily my favorite of the last few years. This is really what Star Trek is for me. Exploration and new ideas. Fleshing out barely glimpsed characters and aliens. Characters expanding and developing beyond their TV roles in believable ways. The heroes found different ways to solve problems without resorting with photon torpedos. And...they don't always make the right decision, either.

I really was about done with Enterprise, and slogged it out through the Romulan War, just see how it went since it really is one of those teased things from the show we always wanted to see. But the constant war and political infighting just really didn't feel like Star Trek much anymore after awhile.

Conflict is important, and nice space battles are cool as well. But there needs to be a balance. In a sense, this one hit all the right notes for me. I really hope Christopher is able to take ownership of this series like Beyer has for Voyager. Both seem adept at resuscitating floundering properties.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote