View Single Post
Old June 28 2013, 10:24 PM   #234
gblews
Rear Admiral
 
gblews's Avatar
 
Location: So. Cal.
View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: NBA 2012-13 Discussion

Ganja Tea wrote: View Post
gblews wrote: View Post
Ganja Tea wrote: View Post

I wasn't going to comment at all until I saw how you were so butt hurt over a Heat repeat. Haters like you are the icing on top of that victory cake. You better get use to that feeling. The Heat are going 3 peat.
You better check your reading comprehension skills, home-slice. I've been predicting, but not rooting for or against, a Heat repeat since the playoffs started.
Yeah, you and the rest of the world. What a prediction that was Nostradamus.
Actually, my prediction that Miami would win was more of an analysis of the effect of the 2-3-2 Finals format than the results of an analysis of various match-ups, strategies, and the like, because the two teams were evnly matched. But you'd have to go back a few pages in the thread and read CAREFULLY to get that.

BTW, my overall point concerning the 2-3-2 was that the team that starts out with HCA has a much bigger avantage than a team with HCA in the 22111. The Spurs would have won this series if they had started out with HCA because of the 2-3-2 format. But they didn't so Miami is celebrating.

gblews wrote: View Post
So of all the posts since game 7, mine were the ones that you picked out as hater-aid? Reading comprehension son -- it is your friend.
I suggest you go back and check the thread. I didn't call anyone out in my original post except Heat haters. You quoted me first home slice which lead me to believe you were Heat hater. If you aren't then why would you take issue with it?
In your second post you wrote:
Haters like you...
This is in response to my response to your first post and reads a lot like you calling me (and me alone) out as a hater.

My first response to your original post wasn't defending myself as a hater. I was calling you out for safely waiting until your team had won before coming into the thread and gloat trolling.

I'm not a Heat hater, though if I was, I wouldn't hesitate to admit it. Right, Celts fans? If I've misunderstood, please explain how.

Dorian, you must have really scared him.

gblews wrote: View Post
And unless they actually do 3-peat, I'm sure we won't be seeing your little gloat trolling self in this thread again, right? You sure you aren't a closet Celtics fan?
Sorry if have a life and don't spend every waking hour here on this board arguing basketball with you.
Like I said, gloat troll. The only way you show up in this thread again next season will be AFTER the Heat 3-peat (if that happens). If they don't win, you'll likely be in TNZ 'having a life'.
Also anything you say should be laughed at considering you had Danny Green being better than Ray Allen because of a seven game sample size.
Here is what I wrote:
"Danny Green, Kawhi Leonard, and Gary Neal trump Battier and Ray Allen". I never wrote that Danny Green alone was better than Ray. My statement was meant to show that beyond LeBron, the Spurs are the more talented team and, they are. Those 3 guys TOGETHER negate Battier/Allen.

There's that little bug-a-boo about reading again.
__________________
Duckman: I'll never forget the last thing my father said to me...
Cornfed: "Careful son, I don't think the safety's on"?
Duckman: BEFORE THAT!!!
gblews is offline