View Single Post
Old June 28 2013, 09:37 PM   #25
The Festivus Awakens
Airing Grievouses

Re: Future of the "Terminator" Franchise (Discussion, Rumors, Spoilers

tighr wrote: View Post
Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
It's always amusing to me that those who call for a return to the nonexistent golden era of total originality from Hollywood are completely unaware that they're using one of the most hackneyed and tedious complaints imaginable, second only to anything that begins with "The younger generations..." and ends with "these days." in my opinion.
Every year there are dozens, if not hundreds, of films released that are original. The fact that the viewing public eats up sequels shouldn't take away from the amazing films that go unnoticed or released to little fanfare.
And? Where in my post did I say anything that disparages or denies the existence of original films? My point was simply to debunk the oft repeated nonsense idea that there was ever a time in Hollywood history where remakes and adaptations weren't a common thing, with the exception of the very early experimental era, which can't even reasonably be called "Hollywood."
'First Contact' is the tale of a man who just wants to cash in on his creation so he can get wasted on an island full of naked women, but his fans keep insisting that he's a saintly visionary who has profoundly altered the world. AKA - 'I Don't Want to be a Statue: The Gene Roddenberry Story.'
The Festivus Awakens is offline   Reply With Quote