View Single Post
Old March 15 2006, 01:26 AM   #14
TerriO
Writer-type human

Re: Allow Myself to Introduce...Myself

Y'know, the writer in me wants to correct that subject line.

My interest in Mars, MER, and planetary exploration is part of what brought me here, methinks. However, I also have a bachelors in theatrical sound design, which brought with it quite a bit of practical experience in acoustics, audio technology, and audiology. I've even been on a team that installed a new recording studio for the theatre.

As for organizations, outside of the seemingly requisite professional organizations (Science Fiction Writers of America and the International Association of Media Tie-In Writers) I'm also a member of the Mars Society and the Planetary Society.

I've studied robotics in order to build a replica of K-9 from Dr. Who that actually is able to move and speak, built my own desktop computer from the ground up (and it works better than this laptop most of the time), and okay, basically I'm a tech-head. I also try to make a point of making all of the tech in any Trek story I write based firmly in science.

I look forward to hearing about everyone else.