View Single Post
Old June 27 2013, 02:44 PM   #79
Ovation
Vice Admiral

Location: La Belle Province or The Green Mountain State (depends on the day of the week)
Re: Why a reboot was necessary (IMHO)

Hugh Mann wrote: View Post
Belz... wrote: View Post

That's so silly I had to take a few seconds to reboot my mind before answering. Seriously ? Many movies you'll like LESS after watching more than once. Does that make it a great movie ? I'd rather a movie that grows on me, like many Trek movies, than movies that I appreciate less and less, like The Dark Knight.
You're going to have to explain how the idea that a movie should be able to impress on the first go-around in order to be considered a good movie is silly, because it doesn't make sense. I don't even see how this is something you can seriously argue. I can get behind the notion that a good movie (as opposed to J.J. Abrams' movies) can reveal additional layers of goodness with each watching, but the idea that your opinion of a movie can go from bad to good just by virtue of repetitive viewing seems utterly stupid.
Oh look. This has already been addressed and debunked. You could at least try to come up with a new complaint.
Ovation is offline   Reply With Quote