View Single Post
Old June 27 2013, 03:43 AM   #104
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Re: creepy encounters with cashiers

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
It kind of gives me the creeps when people I don't know, call me by name. Regular customers at my store sometimes do this.
They assume a familiarity because of frequency. It's weird when they do it and you've no idea what their name is, because they're just one of an endless stream of customers.

The customers I didn't like were the one who would ask you questions outside of the store. Back when I worked in a bookstore, I'd have people come up to me when I was at lunch and ask about a new title. The worst part is I'd answer them.

I never went in for the address them by name rule. It always reminded me of a scene in the The Jerk where Navin Johnson ( Steve Martin) keeps calling the customer getting gas "Mrs. Neusbaum, when it's obvious he's neither female or a Neusbaum.

I try to treat every one I meet with basic courtesy and respect, irregardless of age. How they act after that initial meeting will determine if I continue to do so.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote