View Single Post
Old June 27 2013, 03:29 AM   #282
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Re: Why would someone avoid STID but see Iron Man & Man Of Steel? spoi

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
It is no coincidence that most of Nolan films are on IMDB's top 250. Why? because he has huge fan base.
Sorry, the conclusion does not follow from the observation - not even close. If I say "most of Nolan's films are in the top 250 because they're exceptionally entertaining, and this is why he has fans" I've presented a better argument than yours. That doesn't make me right either, BTW; my reasoning is just a little better.

As a person who has a huge and even professional background in media, entertainment and pop culture.
I doubt it.

I will say that directors and producers and even the actors matter when it comes to a film's success.
"Even the actors?" Even? My friend, the actors matter a great deal more to getting butts in the seats than the directors and producers do. This is why the actors are often paid a great deal more than the people responsible for putting the movie together.

One would think that someone with a "huge, even professional background in media" would be aware of something so basic.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote