VOY: The Eternal Tide by Kirsten Beyer Review Thread (Spoilers!)
View Single Post
June 27 2013, 12:32 AM
Re: VOY: The Eternal Tide by Kirsten Beyer Review Thread (Spoilers!)
I just read this book myself.
There's a lot of parts I loved, but there's others I had severe issues.
1. The summary killing of Amanda Rogers, when she and Q2 were so cute is TERRIBLE.
2. The destruction of the Cooperative is such a disappointment to me since I've been hoping to see them in the Novelverse for years.
3. Furthermore, they're just rushed off stage afterward. What the hey!
4. Why didn't the book reflect more on Janeway's resurrection versus the B-plot? Having her come to terms with everything that happened with the Borg in Destiny seems like it'd be a pretty big deal.
5. I'm also not pleased at Janeway reflecting on "Sacred Ground" having a scientific explanation when that was obviously just the Doctor grasping at straws.
Still, some great stuff.
Check out the United Federation of Charles:
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Charles Phipps
Find More Posts by Charles Phipps