View Single Post
Old June 26 2013, 11:54 PM   #30
kirk55555
Commodore

Re: Richard Matheson: RIP to a real legend

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Mistral wrote: View Post
I've always found Hollywood's fascination with Phillip K Dick laughable, as Matheson has, IMO, contributed far more to filmed science fiction over his career. Whether it was the fantastic, such as What Dreams May Come, or the outright scary, like I Am Legend, Matheson put together a plethora of classic stories. I've enjoyed reading his work for decades. He will be missed.
Well, it's not as though Hollywood has exactly ignored Matheson's work: THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN, DUEL, SOMEWHERE IN TIME, WHAT DREAMS MAY COME, STIR OF ECHOES, THE LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, THE BOX, REAL STEEL, THE LAST MAN ON EARTH, THE OMEGA MAN, I AM LEGEND, etc.
I didn't know who this guy was when I was first reading this thread, but I've apparently seen a few of the things he was involved in. I actually really enjoyed the What Dreams May Come movie with Robin Williams (even if it seems to get a lot of hate, I enjoyed it, and I didn't know it was based on a book) and (looking on wikipedia) it looks like he also wrote The Enemy Within for TOS, which was also very good.

RIP Richard Matheson
kirk55555 is online now   Reply With Quote