View Single Post
Old June 26 2013, 06:36 PM   #5
Relayer1
Commodore

Re: Interviewing someone for a job...

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Colonel Midnight wrote: View Post
A good question that I always like to ask is to "Tell me your three biggest faults or failures that have happened to you, and how you overcame them."
As a former interviewee, I fucking hate being asked this question. It's been years, and I still can't come up with an answer.
I messed up 'X' and immediately advised my manager and the customer concerned. Having explained the situation to both I corrected the situation by ensuring that I checked at every stage that the correction was effective and kept all parties completely up to date during the process, ensuring a satisfactory resolution.

I took steps to ensure that this could not happen again to either myself or my colleagues. This was a learning experience for me, proved to my manager that I could take responsibility and be trusted to rectify the problem and actually developed the relationship with my customer through honest and transparent communication and being attentive to their needs.

This happened to me. Tweak to suit - you're welcome !