View Single Post
Old June 26 2013, 04:11 PM   #272
Belz...
Fleet Captain

Re: Why would someone avoid STID but see Iron Man & Man Of Steel? spoi

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
Believe me.
No.

man of steel did well because it has Nolan's name on it.
Repeating it doesn't make it true.

superman returns is clearly the better film but no one cares.
No. People disagree with you. It's not the same thing. Why do so many people have such trouble understanding that their appreciation of a particular thing doesn't mean that objective reality corresponds with said appreciation ?

I just don't know, but Nolan has this thing on fan boys and I don't mean fan boys as an insult.
Those fan boys are a tiny minority.

If Nolan did not produce MOS, there is no way the film would have been a
success at least not with all the negative reviews it got.
You think most people who go see movies give a shit about critics ?

And yeah, as I said some people know who Nolan is, and saying "produced by the director of the Dark Knight" is going to spark interest. But it's not going to make a 200 million movie into a 500 million one by magic.

Another perfect example is After Earth, Sony did not promote the film as a M. Night Shyamalan film. it was simply listed as a Will Smith film. Clearly, Sony did not feel comfortable with putting Shyamalan's name on the film despite the fact that he was the director.
Yeah, and it really helped the movie, right ?

So yeah...Directors and Producers matter a lot when it comes to a film's success.If Nolan were to direct Trek 3, the film will make at least 800 million -1 billion at the box office. Why? because the Nolan name is a powerful name.

Also does it matter? STiD is the most critical acclaimed blockbuster of the summer. Iron man 3 is behind and Man of Steel is far far behind STiD.

Its about the quality and not the quantity.

The Onmyouza Theatre: an unofficial international fanclub dedicated to the Japanese heavy metal band Onmyo-Za.
Belz... is offline   Reply With Quote