View Single Post
Old June 26 2013, 03:58 AM   #520
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: Last Classic Who Story you watched

The Borgified Corpse wrote: View Post
Lowdarzz wrote: View Post
["Shada"] would've been an excellent story if it had been finished. Tom Baker's linking narration does an adequate job but so much is left out that the serial will never feel complete. It's too bad they didn't animate the missing segments. Perhaps it would be too difficult linking the live action and animated parts.
IIRC, they did an animated version some time in the late 1990s or early 2000s with Paul McGann playing the Doctor. Shame that one wasn't included on the DVD.

Lowdarzz wrote: View Post
Paradise Towers, Delta and the Bannermen, Dragonfire and Remembrance of the Daleks (Seventh Doctor).

Paradise Towers and Remembrance of the Daleks were the best of the lot.
I just finished "Paradise Towers" & the 1st 2 parts of "Dragonfire." "Paradise Towers" was much better than I recall when I first watched it a couple years ago. The whole thing with the bad guy being an architect who doesn't want people living in his buildings is a bit naff but at least it's unique. And I forgot how catchy the story can be. "Red Kangs the best!" "No board games! No visitors!" "I put the world of Paradise Towers to rights." "Built high for happiness."
The Hitler looking guy kinda detracts from the rest of the serial. for me I really enjoy the rest of it though, Pex, The Kangs, The Resies

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote