View Single Post
Old June 25 2013, 09:20 PM   #83
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Re: Drexler's Bring Enterprise To Netflix Campaign

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
R. Star wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post
With all due respect to Enterprise, if there was a new series, I want to see it with the Abrams cast. We barely know them and waiting for new material every 4 years sucks. Trek really does belong on TV (Netflix or regular) though.
Not too terribly likely to happen. CBS issues aside, Pine and company are becoming bigger names. Pine signed a deal to do some Tom Clancy movies recently that's worth eight figures for example. Why anchor yourself to doing a series for a few years when you got huge contracts for 2-3 hour movies falling into your lap? Quinto's not far behind in salary demands and the rest aren't exactly cheap either.
That's true. Might as well think about doing an entirely new cast after this current cast runs it's course (And I'm thinking that will likely happen after the third movie). I just want Trek back on TV, and put it in the Abrams universe. Let's expand what is new instead of going back to what's old.
Really? I'd define the JJverse as going back to what's old and putting a new face on it. I'd love to see a new Trek series... hey why not set it a 100 years in the future... that seemed to work pretty well for some show called TNG.

Dukhat wrote: View Post
R. Star wrote: View Post
Not too terribly likely to happen. CBS issues aside, Pine and company are becoming bigger names. Pine signed a deal to do some Tom Clancy movies recently that's worth eight figures for example. Why anchor yourself to doing a series for a few years when you got huge contracts for 2-3 hour movies falling into your lap? Quinto's not far behind in salary demands and the rest aren't exactly cheap either.
That's not really a problem. The characters could be recast again with lesser-known, cheaper-priced actors. That's what happened with M*A*S*H, and look what happened with that. Plus they'd already have the sets, props, CGI models, etc. from the films. An AbramsTrek show would be financially feasible that way.
That's a good point with the MASH cast. Really the main thing going against a Trek show is the fact that everyone has a minimum of 100 channels at their disposal at anytime unlike the 90's when Trek was at it's prime. That and CBS doesn't want to roll the dice as it were anyways. I guess from a financial standpoint it makes some sense. They're making money anyways just with the title to the franchise in hand without spending anything beyond BluRay conversions that make them more money.