View Single Post
Old June 25 2013, 08:08 PM   #15
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: TV movies?

Harvey wrote: View Post
MacLeod wrote: View Post
Dukhat wrote: View Post
How many sci-fi, spaceship-based TV movies have you seen recently? I'm gonna guess zero, because nobody wants to spend money on that genre or that format. Not even Skiffy.
Whilst not a TV Movie, Red Dwarf springs to mind it had a new series last year, did well enough in the ratings, it was reasonable well recieved and could get another season.
I haven't seen the new series yet (or the second and third parts of Back to Earth, for that matter), but I doubt the budget of Red Dwarf is more than a fraction of what it would cost to fund even a small Star Trek TV movie.
True, but I was countering the claim that no one is making Ship based Sci-Fi. Now admitetly it's not on the scale of ST or most American Ship based Sci-Fi shows. But it'sa ship based Sci-Fi show non the less.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote