View Single Post
Old June 25 2013, 07:48 PM   #644
Pauln6
Commodore

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness & The Bechdel Test

Crazy Eddie wrote: View Post
Pauln6 wrote: View Post
What I meant was, I haven't carried out scientific or sociological studies to prove my case empirically (neither have you I assume).
Unless you can be bothered to at least READ them, your "playing devil's advocate" is a waste of time.

I'm still not clear on the qualitative difference between a 'traditional gender role' and a 'gender stereotype' if I'm honest.
Obviously.

Overall, though, you shouldn't take me any more seriously than I should take you!
It's one thing to have an uninformed opinion. It's another thing to pretend your opinion is informed even while being fully aware that it isn't.
I'm not sure that sociology, psychology, law, and a thesis on the subject qualifies as 'uninformed' but I'll concede that was a while ago. I have also read two recent articles illustrating that the gender divide in movies has got worse. ~You also haven't provided me with any clarification on the definitions to qualify my earlier post.

But I'll bite - refer me to one of the studies that support your viewpoint and I'll compare them to my viewpoint.

Other Worlds Role Playing Game
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/produc...ducts_id=97631