View Single Post
Old June 25 2013, 06:51 PM   #63
Belz...
Fleet Captain

Re: Scotty and his military comment

Crazy Eddie wrote: View Post
And I've said many times that the Federation's standing military probably doesn't HAVE any ships. Considering most wars are fought on the ground anyway, they wouldn't need them either.
Eddie, if you are claiming that ground battles are fought by a different branch of Starfleet or a branch separate from the navy, that's fine by me. It would make sense that infantry was a separate organisation anyway.

But the question here (the topic) is that Starfleet has been involved in ALL of the armed engagements of the Federation in all incarnations of Star Trek, ever, and no other Federation organisation has. In fact, Starfleet predates the Federation.

You'll be hard pressed, under those conditions, to convince anyone that such a separate navy branch exists without providing actual evidence. Not supposition and hand-waving: evidence.

You're the one making the POSITIVE claim that Starfleet is the only show in town.
It's easy to turn burden of proof around with wordplay, isn't it ? Your positive claim is that another such organisation exists. Ours is that it does not.

The Onmyouza Theatre: an unofficial international fanclub dedicated to the Japanese heavy metal band Onmyo-Za.
Belz... is offline   Reply With Quote