View Single Post
Old June 25 2013, 04:56 PM   #68
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Re: World War Z ratings/spoilers

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
You do realize zombies are not real and that there have been many different interpretations and takes on them throughout popular culture, right? I mean, I don't think zombies can perform a well choreographed 1980s dance routine, either.
In all the zombie movies I'm aware of, not once have they ever shown signs of intelligence of any kind. (Indeed, almost by definition, a zombie is a creature without intelligence.) The only difference is some vague hinting in the final George Romero movie, and even then, the dead are only instinctively acting out parts of their former lives. They don't really know what they're doing.

Hell, even the Rage victims in the "28" films aren't intelligent, and they're not even dead!
What "intelligence" are you seeing, really? It doesn't take a genius to think 'Me hungry, there food, go get it." It doesn't take a rocket scientist to think "Food no good, stay away." You don't have to be Albert Frigging Einstein to think "That's in way of food. Climb over it." Nothing the zombies did in this movie displayed any more intelligence than a shark hunting down its next meal.

-Elsa on what she learned from Anna
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote