View Single Post
Old June 25 2013, 04:33 PM   #31
solariabsg25
Captain

View solariabsg25's Twitter Profile
Re: "Is Battlestar Galactica in Suspended Animation?"

KGator wrote: View Post
stj wrote: View Post
The new BattleStar Galactica was a 9/11 series.
While BSG explored many themes from current events, to call it a 9/11 series is not entirely accurate. Had this show been shown closer to 9/11 it would probably have adversely affected its popularity (too close to a tragic event).

The further 9/11 recedes in time, the less significant the series.
I disagree since themes of terrorists, torture, suicide attacks, war, etc are long term themes in human culture. They didn't begin this century and they won't end this century.

I strongly dissagree. I feel that BSG was one of the strongest and best acted science fiction series outside SGU.

Losing the war against Iraq derailed the series even as it was broadcast.
We lost the war in Iraq? Or is this from the Iraqi separatist point of view. I don't think BSG was a major show in the middle east though.

Its only chances of revival lie in another 9/11.
For many of the reason's stated above, I strongly dissagree.
NuBSG didn't rely on 9/11, in fact the Singer 2001 remake died a death because of 9/11. It was just easier for them to be able to use allegories.

A Battlestar Galactica remake is off the table for the moment as it's felt to be too soon after NuBSg, not because producers are twiddling their thumbs, just waiting for the next major disaster to come along.

And the war in Iraq was an all-out victory.

The RUNNING OF THE SITUATION AFTERWARDS however was a complete and total screw-up, but a discussion best left out of the normal forums as it can lead to heated debates that can derail threads and make tempers flare very easily!