View Single Post
Old June 25 2013, 01:48 PM   #7
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: Was There Enough DETONATION?

StarMan wrote: View Post
I'm always sheepish to admit that I love a well-choreographed space battle in Star Trek. I have been shot down by the more devoted fan-type who insists Star Trek is about something more noble than wanton spectacle. Well, fine then; I love the deep and meaningful stuff as well. However, I just have this thing for awesome fucking space battles and - goddammit - why were they not in STiD?

The scenes we got seemed so brief - my appetite had been whet but we never got to the main course. I'm curious to know if I'm alone in this estimation, is all...
It's a result of Abrams's "artistic sensibilities." Supposedly, jerky shaky cam that never focuses too long on anything and whatever you do see is obscured by lens flare is how he feels Star Trek should look.

And yeah, where were the detonations? The very first official plot description promised the fleet would be detonated. Yet this didn't happen. WTF?