View Single Post
Old June 25 2013, 01:04 PM   #25
RoJoHen
Awesome

Re: If you're a devoted X-Box player,why is it better for you than PS3

Sparky wrote: View Post
Then I bought an HDTV, and of course I needed a Blu-Ray player to show it off. The PS3 was the best and cheapest Blu-Ray player at the time. The PS3 started out as a Blu-Ray player only. It slowly changed into my primary gaming system. Microsoft started adding more and more ads to their dashboard. Sony added PS+ The "New Xbox Experience" was a killer for me. Give me the old blades any day over the mess that it is now. Netflix was and is better on the PS3, and it was not behind a paywall. With the PS3 media server, the PS3 was a better media box. PS+ gave me so many free games that I still have not finished them all. Xbox gave me more ads, and inferior services. Does the Xbox give me games like Infamous2, or Uncharted 3 for signing up? Nope. They give me multiplayer (free on PS3) Netflix (Have to pay extra for it on Xbox...Free on PS3). Do they offer free games every month? Nope, Gotta pay to keep watching an inferior Netflix experience.
This was exactly my PS3 experience. The only reason I bought it at all was because my DVD player crapped out on me, and at the time the PS3 was exactly the same price as a standalone Blu-Ray player. I've never been much of a gamer, but I figured I may as well get the PS3 just in case; at least then I'd have the option to play games if I wanted to.

The PS3 has become one of the best devices I've ever owned. I use it for Netflix daily, and I have grown to love many of the games that it offers. The only title that XBOX ever had that I had any interest in was Halo. PS3, however, has so many exclusive titles that I really enjoy: Uncharted, Infamous, etc...and I just recently finished playing their newest exclusive title "The Last of Us," which is easily one of the best games I have ever played.