View Single Post
Old June 25 2013, 12:39 AM   #329
NewHorizon
Captain

Re: Season FOUR OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post

Understand that some of that "over lit look" is original to the source and the intent of the VFX Supervisors like Dan Curry -- such as the bright, sun-lit Enterprise from "Half a Life." MVF can't go back in time and tell the lighting guys at Image G to turn down this light or that light, or put it over here instead of over there. They could artificially darken the layers in compositing sure, but their directive isn't to significantly diverge from the original intent.

I think as long as we don't get any geometric distortion or misaligned layers ala HTV, I think everything will be just fine.

Still, CBS-D has worked wonders with a vast majority of the overlit shots. Just look at the Redemption trailer above, outstanding.

I'm hoping that CBS-D had the ability to make some adjustments during the final conform to lessen the issues evident in the Season 4 trailer.

I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'll buy Season 4 at this point. I haven't seen enough of Modern V's work to know if it's 'close enough'.

THANK GOD CBS-D is doing the rest of the seasons.
NewHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote