View Single Post
Old March 2 2006, 03:52 AM   #33
RookieBatman
Commodore

Re: Windows XP Problems WITH Solutions

T J said:
RookieBatman said:
CaptainHawk1 said:
New Worlds: can't get it to run period. despite trying everything suggested.

-Shawn
I'm having the same problem. As soon as you select the mission, and hit "Play," the game just quits. (Almost as if it senses it's not worthy! )
By all accounts, this game is fairly junk, but since I have it, I figured I might as well see for myself and find out if it has any redeeming value. Any suggestions?
HERE HERE!!! Itís sooo funny that I just happened to dust off my old copy of New Worlds today and Iím having EXACTLY the same problem, I tried a variety of compatibility mode settings to no avail!! Anyone here know how to get this shitty game working? Iím just dieing to know what the damned story plays out in this!
Ah, but you're assuming that the story does play out at all! I don't know one way or the other, but I wasn't really expecting much more story after the opening. (I gotta tell you, though, that opening movie was FREAKIN' SWEET! For the extremely nominal fee I paid for the game, it was pretty much worth it just for that movie alone!)
But, yeah, can anyone help us with this? We want to experience the crappiness (or maybe even mediocrity) first-hand.