View Single Post
Old June 24 2013, 09:59 PM   #44
Pavonis
Commodore

Re: Reading last chapter first

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
^The point is that I, and many others, enjoy the unpaved road. It's fun not to know where you're going. It's also fun to know, but a different sort of fun. Is it really so hard to understand that one might prefer the former adventure to the latter? Or that one might sometimes be in the mood for an apple, and other times be in the mood for an orange?
It's not hard to understand. I think we understand each other just fine. Reading a book unspoiled is the unpaved road; reading a book spoiled is the known destination. We're all on the same page, so to speak.

On topic, I don't read the entire last chapter, just the last page, or the last couple of pages. Sometimes I'll open a new book to a random page and read a bit. If the story hooks me, I'll stop and start it from the beginning before getting too far into it. I figure a good story should hook me at whatever random point I start it, and a really good story should have re-visiting potential. I do the same with movies and TV shows. If I think a movie or TV show is "re-watchable", I'll purchase it for my collection.
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote