View Single Post
Old June 24 2013, 07:52 PM   #45
Kevman7987
Commander

View Kevman7987's Twitter Profile
Re: Where are the toys?

MisterPL wrote: View Post
I've only seen pictures of these mythical Hot Wheels Star Trek vehicles. Hasbro's Kre-O sets and Fighter Pods are everywhere though.
I own about half of the Hot Wheels run from the first 3 series they released; was able to get all the Enterprises except the NX-01. I ended up getting them off of eBay the year after they came out though. I'm still kicking myself I didn't buy them when they originally came out. Would have saved myself about $10 a ship and been able to spend that on others in the series.

I made sure to get the series they just released (Excelsior, Kelvin, Vengeance, STiD Bird-of-Prey); found them online before everyone ran out of pre-orders.

I'm going to make sure I sign up for that Star Trek Collection Eaglemoss is going to release here in the US too. You'd think I'd learn to never pass up on miniature space-ships.

C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
After Playmates lost their Trek license, DST could have extended theirs to include both Star Trek XI and Star Trek XII, but chose not to. Hasbro then stepped in and got a full license from TOS to Star Trek XII just like Mattel did for their Hot Wheels line.
It kind of irritates me that Hasbro has the licensing to make all sorts of toys from the entirety of Star Trek and all they've made so far were some Lego ripoffs no one bought.

They should have made all the Trek characters in 3 3/4 size and stuffed them on shelves next to the Star Wars figures. I know I'm not the only collector who would buy a James T. Kirk & a Luke Skywalker so they can team up to take out Darth Vader and his Klingon troops.

Last edited by Kevman7987; June 24 2013 at 08:03 PM.
Kevman7987 is offline   Reply With Quote