View Single Post
Old June 24 2013, 01:21 PM   #533
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: Coming July 2013: STAR TREK ENTERPRISE RISE OF THE FEDERATION

EliyahuQeoni wrote: View Post
The Wormhole wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
Haven't there been references to the Starfleet Marines in either screen productions or novels? I swear I've heard that term used in universe somewhere.
As for the uniforms, do you mean something along the lines of the undershirt from the Abramsverse? I could see that working myself.
Not really. There are behind the scenes sources which describe the guys in blue shirts in Trek V as Marines, but they weren't described as such on screen. In Enterprise's early planning stages Malcolm Reed was described as a "Starfleet Marine" though that was dropped by the time production began. Otherwise, the term "Starfleet Marine" hasn't been used in anything official.
I've heard speculation that Colonel West from ST VI could be a Marine, given his non-naval rank.
True, though he did wear a Starfleet uniform with the rank insignia of an Admiral. A Colonel is basically equal in rank to a naval Captain, and one would think that if there were Starfleet Marines they'd have some differences between their uniforms and the Starfleet standard.