View Single Post
Old June 24 2013, 02:27 AM   #249
Kabraxal
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Why would someone avoid STID but see Iron Man & Man Of Steel? spoi

Belz... wrote: View Post
Kabraxal wrote: View Post
Also.. in Superman II he actually doesn't kill Zod. They cut the scene in the theatrical release but it was supposed to show that they were basically being confined back into the Phantom Zone.
So he doesn't kill Zod in a cut of the movie that wasn't released in theatres ? Yeah, I'm talking about the theatrical release, sir. Don't tell me he doesn't kill Zod. He crushes his hand and kills him although he is now completely harmless. He falls to his death. Then Lois kills Ursa and all Supes does is smile, as though premeditated murder is funny.

So, please, don't talk about Man of Steel betraying the titular character.
Except it was added into the DOnner cut. And even taking that into account, Superman II showed him actually concerned with people in the fight in the city... unlike this one that shows He and Zod probably killing thousands as they fight.

Sorry if I went into MoS expecting to love it and coming out hating it and hoping for a new reboot... I would rather have enjoyed the movie instead of being disgusted by it. Believe me. I waited 7 years for another Superman film and now I have to wait longer for a good one. Maybe the sequel will get better... certainly can't get worse to me personally.
Kabraxal is offline   Reply With Quote