View Single Post
Old June 24 2013, 01:48 AM   #92
Belz...
Fleet Captain

Re: Warp Drive in Star Trek Into Darkness - [SPOILERS]

Crazy Eddie wrote: View Post
Conversely, Enterprise very poorly and haphazardly incorporates elements from previous trek series and winds up retconing every single one of them (subspace radio, cloaking devices, Klingons, Ferengi, the Organians, etc).
One of the things I did when I watched Enterprise is take it as a full reboot, even if I knew it wasn't one. This allowed me to enjoy the series on its own merits, although I admit I would've liked if it had not messed up its own premise by constantly referencing to future stuff.

This suggests that things have been happening in Enterprise VERY differently than they happened in the Prime Timeline
I'm still of the mind that Enterprise is a direct result of meddling in First Contact, and that it is, itself, an alternate timeline to the previous one (opening the door to the possibility that every time travel event creates a new chain of events, despite the claims in-universe that it was predestined).

Here's a very interesting question: ignoring, for a moment, the Enterprise novels and given the state of affairs left off after "Babel One" and "Unity," what is the likelihood that the Earth-Romulan Wars EVEN HAPPENED in the Abrams timeline?
I think there's a strong implication that it was imminent in the fourth season, and it seemed to be the intention of the production before it was cancelled to actually show the start of the war, or the events leading up to it.

Yeah, you have that EXACTLY backwards.
No, you're the one who changed the question in mid-conversation, so it's understandable that I was confused. Again, your question makes no sense: aside from Nemesis, there is nothing produced in canon Trek since Enterprise, so of course not only are ST09/STID referencing ENT more than any other movie or show, but they are the only ones that can.

In a franchise like Trek, one has to take things in narrative order, not chronological order.

Put that another way, as much as it pains me to say it: Abrams trek is effectively "Enterprise: the Next Generation."
Well unsurprisingly I disagree with you. I see little or no relation between ENT and the new movies, except the aforementioned references.