View Single Post
Old June 24 2013, 12:20 AM   #231
Christopher
Writer

Re: "Beware the Batman" in 2013! New Animated Series

JD wrote: View Post
As for what you said about the animated stuff, you are right. I haven't seen anything other than TAS and JL, so I didn't think about The Batman or The Brave and The Bold. I guess it just surprised me that they weren't going with the usual Batman and Robin fight The Joker, Two-Face, Mr. Freeze, ect set up.
That's been done so many different ways in the past 20 years that I'm not surprised they want to focus mainly on villains who've never been depicted on film or TV before (although it's been reported that Ra's al Ghul will be appearing, played by Lance Reddick). Particularly since one of the showrunners is Glen Murakami, who worked for so many years on the DCAU shows before moving on to Teen Titans and Ben 10. I imagine he doesn't want to just rehash what he's already done.

Reportedly the show will also focus more on the detective/procedural side of Batman's work than we've seen before on TV, which sounds really cool.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote