View Single Post
Old June 23 2013, 10:53 PM   #42
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Re: Smallville’s Sears, Kensington’s Wal-Mart

Having seen all the offenses in question first-hand, I will say Being Erica does take the cake. I was peeling my jaw off the floor. I will give it sort of a pass because it was a dying low-budget Canadian show on a Canadian network. House was a popular American show on a major American network. And, as Trekker said, the whole thing was famed and shot like commercials typically are. And they didn't even bother with trying to force any narrative into the scene.

By then my interest in House was waning, so it was kind of the last straw for me.

I watched Eureka on Netflix a few months ago, and I barely noticed the Degree thing. Never understood what all the hubbub is about.

The Smallville Stride gum was indeed terribad, but then so was the episode.

USA Network has become somewhat notorious for its product placements. A few shows have flirted with the line (I'm looking at you White Collar.), but haven't stepped over. Yet. I hear Burn Notice is getting pretty bad these days, but I dropped that a few seasons ago.

The stuff in MoS isn't even worth mentioning. This is just another example of a blogger who thinks he's more intelligent and wittier than he really is writing an article that displays neither intelligence nor wit.