View Single Post
Old June 23 2013, 09:52 PM   #15
Talos
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Virtual Tour : USS Enterprise (1701-D) Deck 1-4 (WIP)

Very nice work so far! I've wanted to do something just like this for the same game engine ever since I saw Havoc's TOS plans. Still trying to learn 3D modeling, so most of my time has been brainstorming and pouring over the blueprints and trying to rationalize and visualize things.

I'm liking what you've done though. The idea of having a duty room for the relief officers is a good one and very sensible. I think the angle for the starboard ramp down to the lower deck is fine, but the port one looks a little steep. I almost wonder if it would do better as a low-slope staircase with wide steps. As it stands, it doesn't look very fun to walk up.

I had lined up the Sternbach schematics of Decks 1-2 and 3-5, which were pretty interesting to look at, but I don't think I can attach or link anything yet.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with more. I did have some thoughts for other areas when you get to them that I'd be happy to discuss. I think this is going to be amazing when it's done (not that it isn't already!).

EDIT: Looks like I can link things. Good.

http://imgur.com/a/kdKug

Last edited by Talos; June 24 2013 at 12:10 AM.
Talos is offline   Reply With Quote