View Single Post
Old June 23 2013, 09:17 PM   #1072
Ghostface1701
Commander

Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

MickJo1701 wrote: View Post
Finished re watching BoBW and a certain shot of the Enterprise's lighting pass caught my eye, any idea what's going on here?

Hmm, I don't know, but I like the new version! A lot of the remastered lighting reminds me of how the ship looked in Generations, which is no bad thing in my eyes.

I'm almost at the end of the boxset, and I've noticed a couple of things. In The Most Toys, I'd never noticed that Fajo sheds a single tear as he tells Data the fake story of his tragic upbringing. It's a nice little piece of acting from Fajo and Saul Rubinek (who, to be frank, was much better in the role than David Rappaport).

In Ménage à Troi, the new space shots of Betazed are lovely, except for one. When Deanna visits her mother in her quarters on Enterprise, Deanna's dress changes from blue in one shot to green in another. I know the original reason was because of the blue-screen work in that particular shot, but it could've easily been corrected for the remaster.

Here's the SD version of this shot, which actually matches the rest of the scene better than the remaster:

Ghostface1701 is offline   Reply With Quote