View Single Post
Old June 23 2013, 04:36 PM   #211
Emperor-Tiberius
Fleet Captain

Re: One particular SPOILER from The Name of the Doctor

Christopher wrote: View Post
diankra wrote: View Post
Says the chap whose ingenuity in sorting out the times when Trek writers said the same is legendary!
Well, that's different. Trek has usually made some effort at consistency and credibility, even though it often falls short. Who has generally been more unrepentantly a fanciful tall tale, a ripping yarn where believability is not a priority. It's tended to have a much more improvisational approach to its worldbuilding, and that's part of its charm. I feel that trying to discipline it into a cohesive, logical continuity is doing it a disservice.
I dunno, I think RTD's years had a pretty tight continuity within the stories themselves, and with what came before, especially in regard to the Tom Baker years, whose Genesis of the Daleks was the unofficial beggining of the Time War.

Can't talk about the Moffat years because I've only just finished RTD's run, and am muling over the Tom Baker years as we speak.
"Seventy eight point four years, Doctor."

The Holy Three meet again, in The Return
Emperor-Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote