View Single Post
Old June 23 2013, 06:22 AM   #508
JD
Admiral

Re: Coming July 2013: STAR TREK ENTERPRISE RISE OF THE FEDERATION

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Mysterion wrote: View Post
But, I think if there were such forces, wouldn't they be more properly called the United Federation Marine Corps (UFMC)? Calling them the Starfleet Marines would be like calling the current day USMC the Navy Marine Corps.
I just think that the phrase 'Starfleet Marine Corps' sounds better, that's all. It may not be applicable in today's military but within the context of Starfleet, I think the phrase sounds better. And it would fit with Kirk's comment that Starfleet is a combined service.

As for uniforms, my supposition is that the SFMC of the TOS era wears a black uniform. Same design we're familiar with, just in black. Don't you think that would look cool?
Haven't there been references to the Starfleet Marines in either screen productions or novels? I swear I've heard that term used in universe somewhere.
As for the uniforms, do you mean something along the lines of the undershirt from the Abramsverse? I could see that working myself.