View Single Post
Old June 23 2013, 02:42 AM   #36
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady

Re: "The question is..."

Lance wrote: View Post
I think the directors sometimes had troubles framing shots with Riker in them. Jonathan Frakes is actually a pretty big guy, and especially with Patrick Stewart being (comparitively) small, they sometimes had to get creative just to fit him into a shot with another actor.

Riker's characteristic "I thrust my pelvis into Data's face" leaning pose on the Ops console is one by-product of this.
What annoys me is all the time he sits in his Bridge chair with his legs splayed open. It's like he's putting his "assets" on display while pretending he's not wearing any clothing over them.

Newsflash: After seeing Schwarzenegger in the first Terminator movie, I doubt Jonathan Frakes/Will Riker would ever be close to qualifying for preliminaries, never mind actually being in the contest.

teacake wrote: View Post
Sran, this is for you:

He looks like he's intending to piddle on an invisible fire hydrant.

And the ship either needs taller chairs, or they need to get Riker a horse.

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
klwilbur wrote: View Post
I'm a tall guy (6'3") as I think Frakes is. And notice all those chairs have low backs...probably having to do with prop design. It is actually easier when you are that tall to swing your leg over the back of a chair than it is to pull the chair out, sit down and pull the chair back up. So I bet it actually became pretty natural. When you are watching the clip, some of them are pretty easy to miss because it is effortless for someone that tall.
Advice from another Tall guy, just because you can, it doesn't mean that you should.
Agreed. Picard should have asked him if he needed to schedule holodeck time to review basic military decorum and posture.

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote