View Single Post
Old June 23 2013, 02:33 AM   #556
Pauln6
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness & The Bechdel Test

teacake wrote: View Post
Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
Pauln6 wrote: View Post
It's a bit of a mix of themes from Firefly and Babylon 5, although it's early days to say where it might go if it's popular enough to continue.
"Babylon 5". Ick.
Babylon 5 is vastly superior to Star Trek. There's just a helluva lot more Star Trek out there so it becomes more interesting to talk about. I don't really get how anyone who likes Star Trek can see Babylon 5 as "ick" though.

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Carol isn't a girlfriend, yet.
But we all know that's why this character is here. JJ could have used anyone or no one from the Prime universe and he picked the mother of Kirk's son.
B5 is a flawed masterpiece - it could have been so much better if it hadn't been plagued by problems but it remains decent sci fi even if the humans' dialogue does sound awful sometimes.

Kirk resisted a relationship with Rand while hey were serving on the same ship. It might be interesting to see if NuKirk wrestles with that or just dives straight in. I didn't subscribe to the notion that Kirk had boned Chapel because if he had, I don't think he would have had no idea who she was.

Other Worlds Role Playing Game
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/produc...ducts_id=97631