View Single Post
Old June 22 2013, 02:45 PM   #54
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: Microsoft planning complete reversal of DRM policy for Xbox One

firehawk12 wrote: View Post
Despite all the denials from Microsoft execs, this was confirmed by the insider on GAF.
I don't quite trust CBOAT. I know he's supposed to have a long history of correct predictions on NeoGAF, but all I know him from is his E3 predictions and those were mixed at best. I'm not saying that I think he's wrong, I just don't take his word as truthfacts. At the same time, I don't trust MS in their denials as they have a vested interest in making family sharing look as good as possible, and since they're no longer going to implement it they can just lie about what it was. I really don't know what to believe.

I think most of us would agree that MS weren't being entirely honest with that feature and that there were some major caveats MS didn't reveal. If it had really worked the way they wanted us to believe it did, it would have been given a 5-minute slot during the reveal or E3 presentation. Instead it was revealed in a text dump, the wording of which was so vague as to be impossible to fully decipher. When asked about it at E3, the MS execs gave out a little more info but refused to go into too much detail. They never acted like it was the killer feature the hardcore Xbox fanboys proclaimed it as.

throwback wrote: View Post
For me, the XBOX One is a continuation of Microsoft's vision to create a machine that is the one-in-all media center. Playing games is one aspect of this machine. Frankly, I don't need the other features that come with this machine. I want a machine that has as its chief focus gaming, and, as of now, that is the PS4.
I don't mind MS adding to Xbox's media features, but if they want to advertise their device as an all-in-one media centre then they have to stop putting the media features behind the XBL paywall. If you're buying a device to be a game console and media centre, the PS4 looks like a better proposition because it's cheaper and you don't have to pay a monthly fee to access the media functions. It lacks voice control and that NFL stuff, but those really aren't worth the premium cost of the console.