View Single Post
Old June 22 2013, 12:40 AM   #37
Sran
Fleet Captain

Re: Did Ron Moore get the Klingons / Romulans the wrong way round in T

blueshirt wrote: View Post
It's easy for me to imagine a Romulan version of Worf in TNG, exploring the martial side of Vulcanoids. He'd agree with the TOS Romulans that there's no honor in defeating the defenseless.

Instead of plotlines about the Klingon civil war, I suppose we'd have several episodes involving Worf with the Vulcan reunification movement, and episodes where the Klingons try to split the Federation/Star Empire alliance or the Romulans try to push the UFP into joining them in a war to destroy the Klingon Empire. And you still could have all 3 team up against the Dominion in Deep Space Nine.
I wonder who the Romulan character might've been. Was he or she someone we've already seen in either TNG or DS9? Maybe someone like Subcommander N'Vek, who was part of Spock's underground movement. There was also the Romulan Commander who appeared in "The Chase" and voiced interest in the possiblity of peace between Romulus and Earth. Maybe under different circumstances, he finds his way to Starfleet in a future with a Romulan-Federation alliance.

--Sran