View Single Post
Old June 21 2013, 06:42 PM   #83
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Re: How about a captain Pike(bruce Greenwood) series?

Sran wrote: View Post
Belz... wrote: View Post
CE Evans, please stop that. This is the third time I say that I know that. My puzzlement IS NOT at why people don't like the new movies. It's at why they want to go back to the old timeline rather than just ask for better movies in the new one.
Have you considered the possibility that people are so put off by the more recent films that they would prefer to avoid the new timeline altogether? It's not as though there's no room for further exploration of the primary timeline, a universe with which fans are much more familiar with and accepting of.

--Sran
So, wait, you're saying the new time line, which has produced the two biggest Star Trek movies ever, would be a mistake to use for a TV Series because a very small segment of the Core Fandom doesn't like them and your solution is to return to the Prime Time Line, which drives people away simply because of the massive bucket of existing Canon that scares people off, and that same Prime Timeline also killed Star Trek with Staleness

How does that make any kind of sense?

I'm not against a Prime Timeline Series, but, I don't delude myself that it wouldn't have a hell of an uphill battle obtaining the needed ratings.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote