View Single Post
Old June 21 2013, 03:27 PM   #138
propita
Rear Admiral

Re: Chakotay and Janeway romance

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Sorry.

But someone owes you a fancy recommitment ceremony for one of your anniversaries, or an equal weight in chocolate... Of course sexism aside, maybe you owe your husband a fancy recommitment ceremony, I'm assuming, now that together you have money.

Did you watch the last seasons of Drew Carey? Near the end he says "Suck it Fate! One year from today I WILL GET MARRIED!" even though he had no woman in his life, he just wishes, fantasizes, actualizes for the next 24 episodes that at some point before the priest says "Do you take this woman" that a woman who loves him earnestly will magically appear, and he will live happily ever after.

Remember the show "Brooklyn Bridge"? Cute show. Armin Shimmerman had a guest/recurring role as a cousin. He tells the Bubbe that he's going to get married. She asks, "Do you have someone in mind, or are you just starting out?" Honestly, I thought that was a good, and kinda sweet, way to put it.

Sometimes, people just realize it's time for them to settle down, or that they're ready to settle down, and are ready to look for "the one."

No, not the B5 "The One." Valen's not involved.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote