Old June 21 2013, 01:36 PM   #490
CommishSleer
Fleet Captain

View CommishSleer's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness & The Bechdel Test

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
M'Sharak wrote: View Post
CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post

Again with the hyperbole. She wasn't naked.

And, nonsense.

Whether I like movie X with scene Y cut itself has no direct bearing on whether I'd also like movie X with scene Y uncut, and vice versa. Exercising my intellect is not the sole reason I go to see movies.

Nice try, though, in attempting to speak for all men, and in suggesting that men who like the movie as-is with the scene uncut aren't intelligent.
I suspect that CommishSleer's post may not have been entirely serious, but YMMV.
Yeah, I think mileage does vary.

Obviously, the proposal of segregation wasn't serious. That paragraph had a clear set-up for the joke, in its opening line, too.

However, use of the word "actually" in the part I quoted kinda trumped other interpretations in that part, to me.

CommishSleer, were you serious or joking?
I was actually 97.5% joking.

I apologize that my humour seems strange to a lot of people here. I'll be sure to include more smiley's next time.

There was a slight element of seriousness to it but I certainly didn't mean to say people who liked the underwearing Carol Marcus scene were unintelligent. Just as I wouldn't say people who liked the Cumberbatch shower scene (if it had been in it) or Kirk, McCoy and Uhura in tight wetsuits as unintelligent either.
You've got to have something good to look at in a movie.

In reality I think that JJ was trying to attract more people to the movie by including the scene in the trailer and having more people see the movie is a good thing.

And it was only 2 seconds long and Marcus was the professional one in the scene not Kirk but it was not the same as seeing someone at the beach. Actually seeing all the cast at the 'beach' in the next movie would be a great idea (especially Karl Urban).
Sorry I use the word 'actually' a lot.

Ovation wrote: View Post
teacake wrote: View Post
If mos6597 does not like it he/she should just TURN AROUND.

Also does T'Bonz hate The Cloud Minders or something?
IIRC, she abhors the whole Spock/Droxine interaction, particularly the casual discussion of pon farr.
I hate that entire episode. If I were allowed to blow up some episodes that would be first on my list. Even ahead of "Spock's Brain"

And with Keenser. Scotty can understand him and so could Kirk or otherwise I doubt he would let him take over engineering. Aren't the TOS crew supposed to have universal translators on them (TUC)? Perhaps everyone with a UT can understand him just not us.