View Single Post
Old June 21 2013, 03:11 AM   #185
Re: Why would someone avoid STID but see Iron Man & Man Of Steel? spoi

Yminale wrote: View Post
Ok If the average cost of a ticket is $5 (it's probably higher) and the current gross is $420 million and ignoring repeat viewings and piracy, you only get 84 million attendance.
Yes, but that's still not wholly relevant. I was simply illustrating a point via the fact that the movie was seen by a lot of people.

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
Hit the brakes. Yminale is correct: any contracted production company can be booted from a film, as Viacom/Paramount does indeed own all things Star Trek, and can do whatever they wish to it (including bad things such as TOS-R and nuTrek). Whether or not BR has any ivolvement in a hypothetical third film is irrelevant--if P/V decide to pull the plug, it will happen.
I don't think anyone is arguing against that. But it won't happen just yet.

Superman Returns was rebooted because they wanted to incorporate the character in the "Nolanized" DC Comics film universe
No, Man of Steel is not in the same universe.

See my post on the Raimi Spider-Man films, which were leaps and bounds above the box office of nuTrek, but that series was rebooted with no hesitation.
Yeah, because the director and the star both walked.

Don't blind yourself with on-bended-knee devoiton to nuTrek
These kinds of comments only serve to highlight your bias against the new movies, though, if you effectively say that anyone who disagrees with you on any topic related to those movies must automatically hold a position and opinion diametrically opposed to yours.
And that's my opinion.
Belz... is offline   Reply With Quote