View Single Post
Old June 20 2013, 10:51 PM   #76
Rear Admiral
Re: More than a normal person...

R. Star wrote: View Post
Jon1701 wrote: View Post
Belz... wrote: View Post

Well, it's not weird in the sense that A) you're not alone and B) when I was a kid (say around 10-12) I used to watch the same movies 30-40 times over a period of a few weeks or months, and then moved on. I think most kids are like that (maybe).

What's unusual (read: out of the ordinary; it's not pejorative) is that you keep doing it after so much time, and so late in life.

I'm glad you enjoy the movie that much. But I couldn't do that anymore, myself. Too many good movies to see again !

Precisely. Many people don't understand why others watch a movie more than once. To me it's like music, only a bit longer than your usual album: your appreciation of the product changes over time, and you want to go through the whole thing at least once in a while.
It's like coming back to an old friend. Honestly, every time I watch it I see something new.

I certainly watch it a lot less now.

I'm on a bit of a TSFS run at the moment. I've probably only seen that 100-200 times
Clearly you hate Spock to have watched him die 500 times and only bring him back 100-200 times.
You know, its true I have killed his death scene for me somewhat now by overwatching it.

If you watch the scene now - there is a cadet swaying in the background which my eye is always drawn to. His "radiation poisoning" acting (if that's what it is) is distracting and bordering on ridiculous.
Movie reviews sponsored by that toupee that Patrick Stewart had sent over from London that time.
Jon1701 is offline   Reply With Quote