View Single Post
Old June 20 2013, 05:48 PM   #93
Shaka Zulu
Captain

Re: Do we even want another Star Trek movie?

peteym5 wrote: View Post
With "Star Trek into Darkness" exceeding $400 Million worldwide, we are certainly going to have more Star Trek films. The movie has not hit the home video market and cable yet, looking at hundreds of million more. I know there is a question of JJ Abrams involvement for 13th Trek film since he has been chosen to direct Star Wars Episode VII. Paramount has already started looking for alternate directors.

I think what the fans have been demanding now can Star Trek be bought back to television as a first run tv show. The problem is trying to get CBS to agree to let someone make a new series because they hold the television rights for Star Trek. I know Paramount has been looking to do it themselves. I am not going to go much into the setting, people been posting all different things about that. Which network, cable channel, or online web service? I say the best bet is first run cable like Syfy or similar channel for first run. Maybe syndicated reruns after a few seasons, been seeing Sci-fi shows rerun on local tv time slots. CBS and Warner also has the CW and that network has had problems holding onto any programs since UPN and WB merged and lost Star Trek. Star Trek is probably what it needs right now.
The only Star Trek show that could be on the CW is a Starfleet Academy one, as the CW is quite youth-orientated. But that's a long shot now, as much as I hate to admit it, due to the hatred that Les Mooves has for Star Trek and sci-fi in general.
Shaka Zulu is online now   Reply With Quote