View Single Post
Old June 20 2013, 03:51 PM   #150
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: Futurama Season 7 Discussion Thread

I agree "2-D Blacktop" was a bit lame and the 2-D world wasn't as interesting as I had hoped it would be. However, I did love the Doctor Who reference (The Professor called the Planet Express ship "Bessie").

"Fry and Leela's Big Fling" was indeed a lot better with two fun stories that converged in an amusing way, albeit predictably even without the synopsis spoiling the twist. Much to my surprise, I actually enjoyed Gunther's return (as well as Dr. Banjoy's), although it's too bad Gunther and Fry didn't face off (and Fry's sudden mention of Gunther at the right time was a little forced). The Planet of the Simians was full of great gags and I loved the trip to the zoo. Seeing The Bone Vampires ("Fry Am the Egg Man") and the Cylclophage ("Rebirth") again was pretty cool and their appearance reminded me of one of my childhood favorite books, Mercer Mayer's Professor Wormbog in Search for the Zipperump-a-Zooa. Additionally, it was good to see the Fry and Leela relationship get some good attention and even the sudden appearance of Sean the never-before-seen ex-boyfriend worked rather well.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila

Last edited by Emh; June 20 2013 at 04:07 PM.
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote