Thread: Bluray Prices
View Single Post
Old June 20 2013, 03:06 PM   #9
Ovation
Vice Admiral

Location: La Belle Province or The Green Mountain State (depends on the day of the week)
Re: Bluray Prices

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
Just a few words of advice
  • Besides TOS-R (and corresponding specials) you'll get the alternate edit of "Where No Man Has Gone Before" (last disc of Season 3) where the opening scenes will have the differences you'll probably notice most (see my avatar), Billy Blackburn's private behind-the-scenes films and more.
  • You'll also get old interviews from the previous release (e.g. Bobby Justman and Matt Jefferies)
  • 70-80% of the footage will shine in HD and especially the richness of colors (compared to DVD)
  • But keep in mind that despite selecting "Original Version" you'll often get a few seconds of TOS-R enhanced footage first before it switches to the original VFX footage (and I presume my Oppo BDP-93 doesn't qualify as "crap" ).
Bob
It's an excellent machine, but the issue you describe is not necessarily related to your machine. Branched files (like those that allow original and new effects depending on your choice) are sometimes authored sloppily, which can create the issue you've noticed.
Ovation is offline   Reply With Quote